Monday 8 August 2011

Butch Banana Bread



I bought some small, cheap bananas last week as part of my Big Shop, as they had run out of FairTrade.
I had about 7 bananas left and they had all started to go brown in the heat, so:


Butch Banana Bread
This is adapted from 2 recipes (I always judge my own quantities according to calories, guesswork and 'the look of things').
Oven at 180 degrees C /Gas 4
225g of wholemeal flour
125g flora light
140g sugar (I am someone who uses whatever sort of sugar they have in, this time it was caster)
2 eggs
28g chopped hazelnuts
100g dried fruit
5 small mashed bananas (about 300g of banana when out of the skin)


The method was pretty simple:
  1. Rub the flour and spread together to form crumbs
  2. Add your sugar and eggs and combine thoroughly
  3. Add all your fruit and nuts
  4. Pop it in a greased and floured loaf tin
  5. Bake for 50 mins.


No comments: