Monday 8 August 2011

Slimming World Banana Bread



I also made the Slimming World Banana Bread - I got the recipe from minimins.com which is a fantastic site for anyone dieting - it has message boards on lots of different famous diets, calorie counting and exercise. You can get recipes, tips, advice and support.

This was a recipe I found on there, which I've tried before. It still needs to be tweaked as I find the banana sinks to the bottom of the cake, making a kind of 'juicy layer'! I used less eggs than the original recipe as I find sometimes slimming world puddings are VERY eggy as eggs are 'free'.

Slimming World Banana Bread:

56g self raising flour
4 eggs
1 cup of sweetener (I find Splenda the nicest)
1 tsp baking powder or bi-carb
2 mashed bananas


  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
  2. Separate 2 of the eggs.
  3. Put the yolks in one bowl with the other 2 eggs, the sweetener, flour, bakin powder and bananas, and beat to combine.
  4. Whisk the 2 egg whites to stiff peaks, and then fold into the mixture.
  5. Bake for 40 mins.

This makes 9 slices at 2.5 syns each (according to the recipe I read!!) I added a marmalade glaze which might add 0.5 syns. Next time, I might liquidise the banana to see if that solves the 'sinking' problem. It still tastes good though.

No comments: